Project WAKE is still going strong! With over 2 dozen graduate and undergraduate student collaborators we were able to make swift progress on the animation despite the director being away on an internship with Dreamworks Animation for the semester.
I acted as lead of layout and production manager for the semester, setting goals, maintaining deadlines, and producing progress animatics at regular intervals. My original goal for the semester was to have a good rough layout animatic of this behemoth by the end of the semester, but instead we had that done by the end of February! Moving into the summer we have completed the final models for nearly all the assets, and we’ve made good headway in surfacing and animation.
We hope to have WAKE completed by the end of the year. Wish us luck!